10 Content Marketing Ideas to Promote your Small Business or Startup Company
January 12, 2017 1 Comment
Small business marketers who use content marketing are able to reduce the cost of leads, increase awareness and position themselves as leaders.
In recent years, marketers have been forced to think differently about how they engage with potential customers, particularly small business marketers.
Every year, customers have increasing control over what marketing messages they wish to consume. Gone are the days when a business could bombard prospects with marketing messages. Now prospects must be attracted with useful content.
Here’s a summary of the top 10 ideas as they relate to small business content marketing:
- Blogs – Blogging, in addition to being the best way to increase your website’s visibility with search engines, enables your firm to engage in a conversation with customers, end users, stakeholders and influencers.
- E newsletter – Permission-based email that is rich with useful, educational content is a great way to stay in touch with customers and nurture prospects.
- White Paper – White papers are generally 8-12 pages and, when not overly self-promotional, are very effective at explaining technical topics.
- Article – An ongoing article publishing effort in targeted publications (print and electronic) has long been an effective means of establishing thought leadership and raising awareness. If you can tie in an article writing program with speaking engagements, even better.
- e-Book – generally 12-40 or more pages, these are like white papers on steroids.
- Case Study – These can be one of the most persuasive tactics, and involve demonstrating in 1-2 pages how your product has solved a problem for a client similar to the one you’re pitching.
- Testimonials – When a recommendation comes from a customer, it decreases skepticism and barriers to purchase.
- Microblogging – Twitter, specifically. The speed and reach of Twitter creates an almost real-time conversation with your followers.
A tool like 40Billion.com specializes in promoting your content online and helping your business to get discovered by a large network that includes hundreds of thousands of users on the most popular microblogging site – Twitter. Innovative services like tweet ads, future retweets and promoted company listings were created for entrepreneurs and marketers to tap into this growing, active microblogging network without spending thousands on pay-per-click ads or traditional advertising.
- Webinar/Webcast – Webinars are excellent call-to-actions or follow-up to other content. They are also very interactive and can be downloaded afterward.
- Video – Videos are inexpensive to produce and easy to upload and share. Also, they help to build credibility.